Darn those buttons
Posted by angrybonbon
I imagine I’m not alone in having my eye drawn to any band that has ‘Fuck’ in their name. So when Fuck Buttons‘ Street Horrrsing came across my radar I had to have a listen. They might not be fans, but once turned up loud (it needs to be) my buttons were pushed as follows:
1) Big slabs of delightful dronage where analogue synths and fuzzed guitars merge? Button pushed.
2) Heavy tribal drums? Button pushed
3) Distorted vocals delivered as practically incomprehensible rants with requisite screaming? Button pushed.
4) Psychedelic and potentially occult ciphers on cover art? Button pushed.
5) Difficultly in placing output due to genre mashing? Button very much pushed.
(Ok, number 3 isn’t normally a button that I find needs attention, but it did here)
It’s difficult to split this album up as it needs to be listened to in its entirety, but I’m loving the following (long/big) tracks: